May 23, 2013

A Beautiful Mess



A Beautiful Mess

Ali Berlinski

Pubslush Press

 Diamond Rio's song, "Beautiful Mess" chroons,
                     "What a beautiful, what a beautiful mess I'm in."

Ali Berlinksi's novel A Beautiful Mess promises hilarious adventures across families and countries. As she navigates through her relationships,she finds herself in a mess which I didn't find to be too beautiful. I can honestly say that I struggled through this book as it was difficult to remember all of her family members within her connected family and their importance in relation to the author. Throughout the book, Ali Berlinski's stories are as sporadic as the connectedness of her family members.

Despite the chaos, I enjoyed the witty one-liners. The author's book reads as a journal written with an honest voice which truly catapults the reader into her thought processes despite the dyfunctionality of her family. Although I didn't enjoy it, I know that it will resonate with others and will provide an open window into a unique world.  

Rating: 2.5

I received this pre-pub from netgalley, courtesy of the publisher.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't like this one as much as you could have. I haven't heard much about it until now!

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!