Oct 1, 2013

Early Word: Fight



Fight

Craig Groeschel

PD: 10.22.13 by Zondervan

Summary:

Author and pastor Craig Groeschel helps you uncover who you really are---a man created in the image of God with a warrior's heart---and how to fight the good fight for what's right. You will find the strength to fight the battles you know you need to fight---the ones that determine the state of your heart, the quality of your marriage, and the spiritual health of your family. Craig will also look at examples from the Bible, including our good buddy Samson. Yep, the dude with the rippling biceps and hippie hair and a thing for Delilah. You may be surprised how much we have in common with this guy. By looking at his life, you'll learn how to defeat the demons that make strong men weak. You'll become who God made you to be: A man who knows how to fight for what's right. And don't you dare show up for this fight unarmed. Learn how to fight with faith, with prayer, and with the Word of God It's time to fight like a man. For God's Sake, FIGHT

Thoughts:

In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminder of every glove that laid him down or cut him
'Til he cried out in his anger and his shame
I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains
Yes, he still remains ...

"The Boxer" - Paul Simon

My dad is the boxer of my family. Not professionally. When I was little, he knocked out the boogie men in my dreams and under my bed. In every matter, he always instilled the need to help others. My dad has always helped others from pulling off the side of the road to help repair someone else's tire to freely giving up his holidays to help feed the homeless.

All fathers are boxers. They get knocked down a lot. I have seen my dad take some pretty hard hits which has left lasting effects. The distinction between the best fighters and all the others is that the best ones always get back up to answer the bell.

Craig Groeschel has written a book in order to help men keep up the good fight. Divided into five sections, the book takes the reader through the rounds which affect men everywhere and how to come out a championship belt winner in every area of his life.

Rating: 4.5/5

The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy through Booksneeze.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!