May 21, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Just Like The Movies

18018509 
 
Just Like The Movies 
 
Kelly Fiore
 
PD: 06.15.14 by Walker Books for Young Readers
 
Summary: 
 
Pretty and popular track star Marijke Monti is confident about almost everything – she’s got great friends, a great family, and she’s on her way to the State Track Championship. In fact, the only thing Marijke isn’t confident about is her relationship with Tommy Lawson.

Lily Spencer has spent her entire high school career preparing for the future – she’s participated in every extracurricular activity and volunteer committee she could. But, at home, she watches her mother go on date after date with dud-dudes, still searching for “the one.” Lily realizes that she’s about to graduate and still hasn’t even had a boyfriend.

While they live on each other’s periphery at school, Lily and Marijke never seemed to have much in common; but, after a coincidental meeting at the movie theater, Lily gets an idea – why can’t life be like a movie? Why can’t they set up their perfect romantic situations, just in time for their senior prom, using movie techniques?

Once the girls come up with the perfect plans, they commit themselves to being secret cohorts and, just like in the movies, drama ensues.
 
Thoughts: 

God, I wish my life was a movie sometimes. You know, I'd never have to worry about my hair, or having to go to the bathroom. And then when I'm at my lowest point, some guy would sweep me off my feet, pour his heart out and we'd kiss. Happily ever after. 

I definitely hope "happily ever after" is in store for Lily and Marijke!
 

3 comments:

  1. Seconding the wish for life to be like a movie! :) It sounds really interesting and it's a fun idea! This would have flown under my radar otherwise so thanks for sharing it! I look forward to reading it!

    Check out my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I third that wish. If my life can't be like the movies can it at least be like the books. Please, Please, Please!!!!! Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like fun! I hope you enjoy it when you read it :-)

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!