Sep 22, 2014

When to Walk



As a little kid, I commemorated the time spent growing up in Columbia, Missouri in a quaint little red ranch house by cementing my foot prints into the concrete entryway so that anyone who came upon it would know that at one point in time,I was there. It's been 18 years since I made my mark. I have no idea how many people have or who will walk up those steps and notice my own.

I love that thought. My foot prints are evidence of the past. Every single person arrived by walking in the footprints of another in order to be the guide which illuminates another person's path. Where will your footprints be found?   
http://booklookbloggers.com/art/_140_245_Book.1274.cover.jpg

Pursuing Justice

Ken Wytsma 

Thomas Nelson Books

Summary: 

The ONLY way to find abundant life and happiness is to give your life away.

If God designed us to experience true happiness and abundant life, why do so many Christians feel dissatisfied and purposeless? We try to make our lives better by chasing our own dreams, but that only makes the problem worse. Instead, the path to a just life that’s satisfying and permeated with meaning leads us alongside the orphan, the widow, and the powerless. Using clear evangelical theology and compelling narratives drawn from two decades of global ministry and travel, Ken Wytsma, the founder of The Justice Conference, shows God’s unchanging love for all His children. 

 On the way, the author calls us back to a proper understanding of biblical justice, a redeeming glimpse into the true meaning of righteousness and the remarkable connection between our own joy, the joy of others, and the wondrous Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Pursuing Justice shows that God isn’t primarily concerned with personal piety but about empowering His children to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with their creator. The message is as hopeful as it is fresh: when you discover anew the meaning of the Gospel and give your life away, you will find it…and it will be the best life you can imagine.

Thoughts: 
Everyone has a story. Stories of people such as Martin Luther King, Jr. Rosa Parks and Mother Theresa whose foot prints have left permanent marks in history by bringing equality and justice to everyone. They used their life as story. Author Ken Wytsma invites us to share our story of how God has left foot prints on our life so what we may leave footprints of love on others. Spreading love through your life isn't a choice of where to walk but when to walk. 

Rating: 4/5

I received a copy of this book courtesy of the publisher, Thomas Nelson from Booklook Bloggers in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!