Jan 14, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: No Parking at the End Times


No Parking at the End Times 

Bryan Bliss

PD: 02.24.15 by Greenwillow Books

Summary: 

Abigail's parents believed the world was going to end. And—of course—it didn't. But they've lost everything anyway. And she must decide: does she still believe in them? Or is it time to believe in herself? Fans of Sara Zarr, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell will connect with this moving debut.
Abigail's parents never should have made that first donation to that end-of-times preacher. Or the next, or the next. They shouldn't have sold their house. Or packed Abigail and her twin brother, Aaron, into their old van to drive across the country to San Francisco, to be there for the "end of the world." Because now they're living in their van. And Aaron is full of anger, disappearing to who-knows-where every night. Their family is falling apart. All Abigail wants is to hold them together, to get them back to the place where things were right.
But maybe it's too big a task for one teenage girl. Bryan Bliss's thoughtful debut novel is about losing everything—and about what you will do for the people you love.

Thoughts: 

This week I came looking for adventure, for the wise words of characters that will take hold of my heart and not let go. The family is falling apart at the seams but people can't become what they want to be by remaining what they are. Change=growth. I'm very excited to see what new perspective I will take away from this book when it hits my local library. 


7 comments:

  1. That looks like a great book. I'll have to check it out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "Rainbow Rowell," whose books I have loved so far, even though I haven't yet read her two YA books, Fangirl and Eleanor and Park (but they are on Sparky, waiting). But when I do read a new author, or a YA book, I love ones that show us a wide range of characters, from adults to teenagers, and this one sounds like it does.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT”


    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it's going to be a really good, emotional read. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a totally new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read though. Hope you absolutely love it once you read it!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this one! I hope you love it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous day :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is completely new to me but I'm liking the sound of it :D
    here's our WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is new to me but it definitely sounds interesting. Great pick

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!