Apr 8, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Uprooted

22544764

Uprooted 

Naomi Novik

PD: 05.19.15 by Del Rey

Summary: 

Agnieszka loves her valley home, her quiet village, the forests and the bright shining river. But the corrupted Wood stands on the border, full of malevolent power, and its shadow lies over her life.

Her people rely on the cold, driven wizard known only as the Dragon to keep its powers at bay. But he demands a terrible price for his help: one young woman handed over to serve him for ten years, a fate almost as terrible as falling to the Wood.

The next choosing is fast approaching, and Agnieszka is afraid. She knows—everyone knows—that the Dragon will take Kasia: beautiful, graceful, brave Kasia, all the things Agnieszka isn’t, and her dearest friend in the world. And there is no way to save her.

But Agnieszka fears the wrong things. For when the Dragon comes, it is not Kasia he will choose.

Thoughts: 

I love how watching a show gets you into a new genre of reading. Lately, I've been binge watching the show, Supernatural and I've been looking for something to transplant me into another world I normally wouldn't enter. I think this is the ticket to paranormal crazy! Not to mention, what a GORGEOUS cover! 

7 comments:

  1. This is definitely one I've been impatiently waiting for! It has a fairy tale feel with magic and fantasy! I can't wait to read this. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I will definitely be adding it to my TBR shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering just what kind of personality and needs the dragon has in order to require a human assistant. Definitely has a fairy tale feel to it as Michelle suggested. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh that looks interesting! Totally new to me! Nice pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This souds interesting. I hadn't heard of it until now. :)
    www.theyaclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely has a sort of fairy tale feeling to it! But mixed with Doctor Who? (Where he takes Clara to her first planet- for all the whovians!!) Also I completely get the whole TV show driving book reading! And I love Supernatural! I recently started reading books about roboty/ computery/ fake-personality people because of Dollhouse!
    Awesome pick! I wonder if the Dragon will be nice after all? Or why he chose Agnieszka.
    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!