May 31, 2013

Bread and Wine



Bread and Wine

Shauna Niequist

Zondervan

About the Book:




 5,4,3,2,1! I peek into the glass oven window anxious to hear the sweet tinkling of chimes that remind me the bread is ready! With trembling, mitten covered hands,I pull down the door and slowly pull out the gray tin setting it carefully on the table. With closed eyes and nose up in the air like a bloodhound, I savour the mouthwatering aroma. Hmmm, Ahhh!! 

The feel of  banana bread when it's freshly baked is one of my favorite. I love the way it softly tears and you can see each nook and cranny as it crumbles in your hand.   

Shauna Niequist delivers a series of essays about family, friendships, and the memories they shared over meals around the table on a silver platter which will leave you hungry for more. She provides easy to create recipes and laugh out loud tales. Every story shared is a piece of her  life experience and she invites everyone to come and partake.

Rating: 4

The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy through BookSneeze.

1 comment:

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!