May 15, 2013

Days Like These

 
Days Like These 

Kristin and Rachel Anderson

Published by Zondervan

Meet Kristian Anderson, who after he learned he was diagnosed with cancer, made a video for his wife's birthday.

 
The video went viral with over 658,000 views and caught the attention of celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey and Hugh Jackman to the Anderson family plight. Kristian managed a successful blog,www.howthelightgetsin.net, which kept people from all over the world updated on his journey with liver and bowel cancer.
 
I felt drawn to this book. The cover of the book stared at me from the computer screen asking the mute question, “Why haven’t you read me?” Why?  I was afraid it would hurt. I was afraid it would make me cry.  This book chronicles Kristian's unfailing faith in the destination despite the rough journey. I knew it would be an emotionally brutal read. And it was. All those things happened—my heart broke, my head ached, I cried, but I’m glad I read it because it shed light on a much larger issue many families face. The author writes with such an honest and open voice and provides a glimpse into a world that I am unfamiliar with. I felt as though I became a part of the journey. I highly recommend this book!
 




The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy through Booksneeze.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!