Dec 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Chapel Wars






The Chapel Wars 

Lindsey Leavitt 

PD: 5.6.14 by Bloomsbury Children's USA

Summary: 

Acclaimed author Lindsey Leavitt brings her trademark heart, humor, and romance to her hometown--Vegas
Sixteen-year-old Holly wants to remember her Grandpa forever, but she’d rather forget what he left her in his will: his wedding chapel on the Las Vegas strip. Whatever happened to gold watches, savings bonds, or some normal inheritance?
And then there's Grandpa's letter. Not only is she running the business with her recently divorced parents, but she needs to make some serious money--fast. Grandpa also insists Holly reach out to Dax, the grandson of her family's mortal enemy and owner of the cheesy chapel next door. No matter how cute Dax is, Holly needs to stay focused: on her group of guy friends, her disjointed family, work, school and... Dax. No wait, not Dax.
Holly’s chapel represents everything she’s ever loved in her past. Dax might be everything she could ever love in the future. But as for right now, there's a wedding chapel to save.

"We're going to the chapel and we're gonna get married..." Well, not quite yet but I'll let you know how it turns out once I read it. It sounds like a cute read with one of those unforgettably attention-grabbing covers. And...it comes out on my birthday! It must be fate :)

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a wedding chapel as a setting before, this books looks different and a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!