Feb 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: A Word from the Wise

Acknowledgment pages really fascinate me. It gives me a personal glimpse into their lives more so than the story they penned because it says, "Hey! I don't have all my stuff together. I am just like any other person. I put my pants on the same way one leg at a time and here's this idea so here's my blood, sweat, and tears into -insert here-pages."

Both of the following authors certainly didn't wake up one day having it all figured out. They realized it and now their sharing their struggles so that maybe we can learn something. 

Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination

Very Good Lives 

J.K. Rowling

PD: 04.14.15 by Little Brown & Company 

Summary:

J.K. Rowling, one of the world's most inspiriting writers, shares her wisdom and advice. 

In 2008, J.K. Rowling delivered a deeply affecting commencement speech at Harvard University. Now published for the first time in book form, Very Good Lives presents J.K. Rowling's words of wisdom for anyone at a turning point in life. How can we embrace failure? And how can we use our imagination to better both ourselves and others? 

Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear 
Elizabeth Gilbert 
PD: 09.22.15 by Penguin Publishing Group
Summary: 
Readers of all ages and walks of life have drawn inspiration and empowerment from Elizabeth Gilbert's books for years. Now this beloved author digs deep into her own generative process to share her wisdom and unique perspective about creativity. With profound empathy and radiant generosity, she offers potent insights into the mysterious nature of inspiration. She asks us to embrace our curiosity and let go of needless suffering. She shows us how to tackle what we love most, and how to face down what we most fear. She discusses the attitudes, approaches, and habits we need in order to live our most creative lives. 


9 comments:

  1. I didn't know J. K. had another book coming out. I am not much on non-fiction but this might be interesting. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great choices! I didn't know either of these were coming out. I'll definitely be checking them out! Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, Katelynn! I always reads the acknowledgements section of a book first because I just love seeing behind the scenes. Have you seen the movie "Magic Beyond Words"? It's about JK Rowling before she became published. It's really inspiring. Glad to connect with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh both of these are great picks! I want to read them both, especially the Rowling one! Thanks for sharing!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both sound really good. Thanks for sharing them. Followed back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound amazing and inspiring! I'll make sure to keep an eye out for them! Thanks so much for sharing and stopping by me blog!

    New follower! ;)

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome choices. I didn't know J.K. Rowling was coming out with another book-I'll have to pick it up. Thank you for sharing! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to check out Rowling's new book!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!