Apr 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Doodle Revolution

17707707

The Doodle Revolution

Sunni Brown 

PD: 05.26.15 by Penguin Publishing 

Summary: 

There is NO SUCH THING as a mindless doodle What did Einstein, JFK, Edison, Marie Curie, and Henry Ford have in common? They were all inveterate doodlers. These powerhouse minds knew instinctively that doodling is deep thinking in disguise-a simple, accessible, and dynamite tool for innovating and solving even the stickiest problems. Sunni Brown's mission is to bring the power of the Doodle to the rest of us. She leads the Revolution defying all those parents, teachers, and bosses who say Stop doodling! Get serious! Grow up! She overturns misinformation about doodling, demystifies visual thinking, and shows us the power of applying our innate visual literacy. She'll teach you how to doodle any object, concept, or system imaginable, shift habitual thinking patterns, and transform boring text into displays that can engage any audience. Sunni Brown was named one of the "100 Most Creative People in Business" and one of the "10 Most Creative People on Twitter" by Fast Company. She is founder of a creative consultancy, an international speaker, the co-author of Gamestorming, and the leader of a global campaign for visual literacy called The Doodle Revolution. Her TED Talk on doodling has drawn more than a million views on TED.com. 

Thoughts: 

The universe of Harry Potter started on a napkin so it makes me wonder how many huge ideas started on something so small. It begins with our minds and a writing utensil. 

This book gives me hope that there was a method to my madness as I found my doodles on my notebook more interesting than the doodles on the white board. 
Go use your noodle and doodle :)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Between The Spine! I love doodling so i'll definitely be checking this one out! good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doodled a lot in high school also...although that was a LONG time ago. This book sounds interesting.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really interesting. I love to doodle. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting! I'm actually not a doodler at all, but I'm curious about what makes other people more inclined to do it. I could probably learn something from this!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! I used to doodle all the time, mainly back in school days...because yeah....LOL! Though later on my doodles started turning into notes for stories I wanted to write and sometimes I would write a scene or such for said story!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is definitely something I need to read. I need to spend more time in the nonfiction world. I'm a lifelong doodler - I'd be interested to see how I could develop this to spur additional creativity :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you like the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of this one until now but it does sound pretty good! It's so unique too. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I doodle all the time! Love that there's a book about it :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick I used to doodle all the time in school and it just fascinates me what people imagination are when they just doodle on anything. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New Follower

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!