Apr 20, 2015

What I'm Reading Monday:

I recently acquired a job as a technical processing assistant. In library land, it means I create the records and process them with barcodes and the name of the library so that way people can find them on the shelf and in the computer. Book orders are always coming. I often feel like its Christmas every time I open a new box and look inside.

I stumbled upon this awesome book and even bought it for my mom for mother's day:

20821299

The book with No Pictures

B.J. Novak

Dial Books

Summary: 

A book with no pictures? 

What could be fun about that?

After all, if a book has no pictures, there's nothing to look at but the words on the page. 

Words that might make you say silly sounds... In ridiculous voices...

Hey, what kind of book is this, anyway?

At once disarmingly simple and ingeniously imaginative, The Book With No Pictures inspires laughter every time it is opened, creating a warm and joyous experience to share--and introducing young children to the powerful idea that the written word can be an unending source of mischief and delight.

Thoughts: 

I have always admired picture books. It is really an art to fit a unique, sometimes complicated idea, and break it down so it fits in 32 pages or less. Check this one out, you won't even miss the pictures...


1 comment:

  1. I've seen this title around and thought it sounded like something we would enjoy. Will have to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!