Jun 3, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Bassoon King

The Bassoon King: My Life in Art, Faith, and Idiocy

The Bassoon King: My Life in Art, Faith, and Idiocy

Rainn Wilson 

PD: 11.10.15 by Penguin Publishing Group

Summary: 

Rainn Wilson’s memoir about growing up geeky and finally finding his place in comedy, faith, and life.
For nine seasons Rainn Wilson played Dwight Schrute, The Office's breakout star and everyone's favorite work nemesis/beet farmer. Viewers of the show fell in love the character and grew to love the actor who played him even more. During the years The Office was on the air Rainn founded a website, SoulPancake, that eventually became a best-selling book of the same name. He also started a hilarious Twitter feed (sample Tweet: @Amazon I would like to order my own drone but have it delivered by UPS. Possible?) that now has more than 4 million followers.
Now, he's ready to tell his own story and explain how he came up with his incredibly unique sense of humor and perspective on life. He'll explain how he grew up "bone-numbingly nerdy before there was even a modicum of cool attached to the word." The book will chronicle his journey from nerd to drama geek ("the highest rung on the vast, pimply ladder of high school losers"), his years of mild debauchery as a young actor in New York, his audition for The Office and the inside scoop on the many seasons that followed, and finally Wilson's achievement of success and satisfaction, both in his career and spiritually, re-connecting with the artistic and creative values of the Baha'i faith he grew up in.
Thoughts: 
"Well I guess it’s not an evil idea, it’s just a regular idea, but there’s no good laugh for a regular idea.” -Dwight Schrute
Rainn Wilson isn't just a regular guy therefore he doesn't produce regular ideas-they're just awesome! My favorite= soul pancake which is why I'm excited to read his book and learn about the man behind the creative brain! 


7 comments:

  1. Great choice. This one isn't typically my type of book but I'm a little curious might have to pick it up. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.!!! Have reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting pick. It's not my typical read (I don't generally read non-fic) but Rainn Wilson is pretty funny. I might check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it would be a very funny read! I might have to pick this one up! Thanks for stopping by Between The Spine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fun read! I think we've all felt bone-numbingly nerdy at times. Great pick! Thanks for sharing it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... I don't know if this is really my kind of read. I really hope you get your hands on a copy soon and love it!! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a funny read. I don't know much about him, but every once in a while I like reading non-fiction. Thanks for visiting my blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Friend, I am honored you stopped by my little corner of the internet and shared your thoughts. I do read every comment and I am paying attention to what is being said. I encourage the feedback. If you have a more personal question I ask that you email me. Thank you!